On behalf of everyone with the Regina Highland Dance Association, Happy Holidays and all the best in 2018!
Winter has come; I hope you’ve all managed to find last year’s mittens (both the left and the right)! With the snow, comes our 2nd annual ‘Holiday Cheer‘ raffle. This year, the prizes have doubled!!!
Get in touch with your studio rep for tickets and details. Stay warm
Mark it in your calendar!
Registration is now open; first to register last to dance AND a special J.L. Mackenzie tribute.
Go to Eventry.net to register.
If you haven’t seen the September Newsletter, you can read it here.
Please note that there will be an RHDA Registration night on September 20th, at the Heritage United Church (across from the NW Leisure Centre on Rochdale Blvd) from 6:30-8:00 pm. We encourage everyone to come down and get their membership form in; the 2017-18 forms are posted to the website.
Also note that if you haven’t already completed the fundraising portion of the membership, we ask that you provide a postdated cheque (for January 1, 2018) at time of registration.
Hope everyone has been enjoying this beautiful weather!!!
If you haven’t already subscribed to the RHDA Newsletter, you can read it here.
Stay cool 🙂
First let me say WOW…… we have an amazing dance community. It has been a VERY busy few weeks.
- May 20-21, the Saskatchewan Highland Gathering and Celtic Festival – what a wonderful weekend.
- May 27, a SPECIAL Congratulations to our dancers who performed beautify at the Provincial Selection Competition. All the best as you head to the ScotDance Canadian Championship Series in Prince Edward Island.
- June 1-3, the 50th Annual Mosaic – a Festival of Cultures. What a great way to share the Scottish culture and show off our mad dancing skills.
Next up, our Annual General (Thank You) meeting, June 25th, so RSVP to join in on the fun as we continue to celebrate the successes we’ve shared so far this season as a community in dance.
If you haven’t subscribed, you can access our June Newsletter here.
Lots of information this month so please be sure to subscribe. If you haven’t yet received yours, it can be read here. Happy Dancing!
Mosaic Is Just Around the Corner (June 1-3)
We are getting so excited for this year’s Festival of Fun! Once again, the 2017 Scottish Pavilion will be held at the Owl, located at the University of Regina.
As with every year, the Pavilion cannot succeed without the help of MANY volunteers and we are seeking everyone’s help. Please take note of the following important notes; join us as we celebrate Mosaic’s 50th year!
- 2 Volunteer shifts are required per participating dancer in your family
- Enter your RHDA Dancer’s name in the phone number field when signing up for your shift. This is an important step to ensure that you receive the credit
- Age requirements for specific shifts will be posted
- Volunteers under the age of 12, must be accompanied by an adult
Please sign up for shifts during which you will always be available, the success of the Pavilion depends on the reliability of our volunteers.
How to Sign Up – go to http://www.volunteersignup.org/K3349
- Scroll through the list of volunteer options – 2017 Volunteer Responsibilities
- Click the Green Arrow to sign up
- Enter your name and email address
- ENTER YOUR RHDA DANCERS NAME IN THE PHONE NUMBER FIELD
- Answer the fruit question
- Click Agree and Submit
You will receive a confirmation email and reminder one day prior to your scheduled shift.
*** If you missed it (like I did when I signed up [sigh]); Please enter your RHDA dancer’s name into the phone number field to ensure that you get credit for your shifts***
Thank you for volunteering, we appreciate your help and we are looking forward to working with you.
Entries continue to flood in for dancers heading to PEI for the 2017 SDCCS. For all our dancers planning on participating this fantastic event remember – First to enter; last to dance. Don’t delay; register today!
Did you receive your copy of the newsletter? If not, read it here and subscribe!
Don’t miss out